FINISHED! Briar in Bosley + Banksia = Brilliant

Here is my first Briar from Megan Nielsen.  What a great pattern! I had been really turned off sewing with stretchy fabrics at the end of last year, but decided to give this one a go because all the versions I'd seen just looked too cute and there is a sewalong! with great tutorials by Megan.
Briar with Banksia
I'm glad I did.  I really love it.
It is the first time I have done a circular pocket (it did take me a few attempts) and the first time I have used twin needles.Twin needles!! Where have you been all my life!!?
The pattern fits perfectly with no adjustments although I did make a bit of a hybrid between the crop and full length version.  I added about 2 inches onto the cropped version.  This week Megan is showing a whole lot of variations on the Briar... I think next one for me will have to have a pocket on the arm.
Briar with Banksia by Megan Nielsen
The Briar looks great with (one of my many) stripey tops and spotty jeans but I have teamed it up here with my Megan Nielsen Bankia top.  Unfortunately the fabric doesn't photograph well but you get the idea.  They really were made for each other!!
This Briar is made from a fabric called Bosley that I bought from Addicted to Fabric.  The tag says that it is 95% cotton 5% spandex and the colour is denim.  I think I'll go back for more in another colourway to make another one!

13 comments:

  1. Nice. I initially thought you'd made a knit top with a lace collar (which would be very cool)-then I realised you'd layered two different garments XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolute winner combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that would be cool. I'll put that on my to do list:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shirt pairing! Comfy and chic at the same time. I've been following Megan's sewalong posts, but haven't gotten the pattern yet. Any tricks to using a twin needle? I bought one a while back but haven't used it. I just cut out the Maria Denmark Birgitte Basic Tee last night and I'm thinking I should try it on the hem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That collar looks fantastic over your new shirt. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Morgan. I think it will be pretty versatile. It looks good over just a plain tshirt but it also does look cute over this blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a novice with the twin needle, but it makes a very pretty and professional finish. I'd definitely recommend it for your Birgitte!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do look like they are made for each other!! I love how they look, layered up together. The circular pocket is very cute. And jeans! obviously it is a lot cooler where you are than here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah, Carolyn, it's all for fashion. I put this straight on after I finished hemming it yesterday evening, begged Ben to take a photo of me and then raced up to the preschool information night. I was sooooooo hot. But I had to wear it! Luckily it was a bit cooler as I was leaving to come home, but still, I was over dressed for the temperature! I thought, the other parents must be thinking why on earth is she so rugged up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous, Kirsty! Well done!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great, especially with the perfect top underneath like that! Well done on a successful knit project, and I agree on twin needles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Shell. What a revelation twin needles are :)

    ReplyDelete