Lo-fi Christmas trees using Liberty scraps

IMG_0889
Ok, so I didn't have the heart to cut into my liberty squares, but today I did whip up a few Christmas tree ornaments based on this tutorial. from the Liberty Scrap Challenge 2012.  I used scraps from my Liberty stash and also some left over gold leatherette from the bird wings. (I corrected the guy at the shop who called it vinyl.  Pleease.)
IMG_0880
It was only after I finished them that I even read the tutorial which says to stuff the trees with a little bit of stuffing. Woops.  Maybe next time.  Anna's are better I admit and she even put a trunk on her trees but I feel there is a certain lo fi charm to mine.  These might end up as little gifts or they might just stay on the tree.

9 comments:

  1. oh great! they're so cute! I hadn't seen the noodlehead versions, I love using them to wrap or as bunting. If I find time there might be some of these in my Christmas future too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo :) By the way, did you see I nominated you for a blog award here http://kbfield.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/blog-award.html
    no obligation to do anything with it. Lots of people don't like these sort of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for doing this. Looks very cute.
    We haven't even got our tree up yet...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ronnie. There is still plenty of time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet, and a terrific idea to use up those small pieces that are too pretty to throw away.
    And thank you so much for those kind words in your award post. I love the idea of an advent calendar in each room. I can see how stingy I've been having only one all these years... my poor kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! They look lovely!
    Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks and your welcome! Yes, I have an enormous amount of fabric scraps which should be made into little things, but so rarely do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kirsty - I just saw, thank you so much! I'll admit I'm not such a one for those things, but now I feel very mean! I do appreciate it greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jo. I'm not so big on it myself so really no problem.

    ReplyDelete