Deer and Doe Veste Pavot

Like a lot of other sewers, I too am excited about the debut release of patterns by Deer & Doe. You can see the collection here. I've just bought the Veste Pavot  which according to google translate is a  "Mid-season jacket unlined, fitted at the waist with gathered sleeves and a subtly retro-inspired round neck. Pockets made at the seams."  It was the pockets at the seams that did it!
Veste Pavot
This pattern will take a while to arrive all the way from France, but I have to go to the fabric shop this weekend so will be keeping my eyes out for the perfect material.  At the moment I am leaning towards a chambray colour as we move into Spring...mais on verra!  Oh and the fact that the pattern is in French is good homework for me....!?

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you! We move into Autumn which does not last very long. BUT! I am determined to make this jacket too! Curious to see what you'll end up buying this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you bought any of the patterns yet? Which one do you think you will make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pavot and Belladone! But like you I have to wait a few weeks before I get them. If you need any help with translation we can organize a intercontinental Skype or Hangout to decipher the instruction :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Belladone will look great on you! Yes please.. let's try and line up our Pavot sewing! A mini sewalong

    ReplyDelete